Pinterest! Pinterest!! Pinterest!!! That's where most weddings today are uprooted from.
What happened to originality and artistic reuse of existing inspiration for weddings? Why can't wedding vendors try more to dissuade couples from "wanting exactly this" and toy more with other elements to achieve something better?
I am a wedding stylist and a firm proponent in infusing YOUR STYLE in anything that you do, especially on a day as meaningful as your wedding day. Merging two people's widely dissimilar or similar interests is already tasking enough for a wedding vendor, how much more replicating things in every picture a couple grabs from the internet?
A wedding should be about the two people getting married, their shared traditions and each person's individual traditions/style. Period!
A great example is a wedding shoot I styled, where the bride was very earthy in her nature. This was reflected in EVERYTHING throughout the shoot.
For this reason and a bit more, YOU NEED a wedding stylist every step of the way. You might turn up your nose at this service, the same way couples turned up their noses at the idea of wedding planners many years ago because they thought their mothers and sisters were enough. Now, every couple swears by a wedding planner. Allow your family and friends the space to celebrate you and enjoy your big day. Don't stress them if you don't have to.
Here's how a wedding stylist, specifically Memkoh will be of help on your wedding.
- Intertwine you and your spouse's style into one cohesive, lovable theme for your big day. This will be done by an extensive interview after you book.
- Ensure that your needs are met, right from your engagement shoot to the day-of your wedding. This includes shopping and styling both bride and groom for the engagement shoot session, court wedding, rehearsal dinner and the day of their wedding. Special styling requests are also welcomed and a Photography package is included.
- Style and shop for your groomsmen and bridesmaids, including matching accessories which most brides like for uniformity. You will never have to bother about a sold out item or your bridesmaids and groomsmen not placing their orders in time.
- Work closely with your vendors like the florist, decorators and event planner to ensure your wedding reeks of your style. i.e. they will not be allowed to use any elements that don't resonate with your personal style for your big day.
- Attend fitting sessions and at your wedding, assist everyone into their dresses, shoes and accessories. Provide most flattering hairstyle suggestions for the ladies, style and fit the groomsmen into their suits, shoes, accessories.
- Refer couples to trusted wedding vendors like amazing photographers, who will serve you and deliver quality, hassle-free work.
Hire a wedding stylist today and watch everything come together nicely. Most importantly, live for a day that is uniquely you and like no one else's. You'll be pleased when the pictures and videos from your wedding come in because you worked with a stylist who took your whole being (and that of your spouse) into consideration, every step of the way.
View a sample wedding shoot I styled here and schedule a one-on-one appointment below.
Till next Wednesday,