I was recently nominated for the Liebster Award by Mrs. Chinelo Ofoegbu of MyStyleOasis. This award as I gathered from her own nomination, exists to recognize bloggers and connect them to even more bloggers on what I'd call the "blogosphere".
She gathered some information about this award - no, it does not involve a red carpet event with bloggers clinking their glasses, although that would be nice - and I stole these from her post for you.
The Facts: - This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. - It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant... - It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people. - It's an award for new and upcoming bloggers with 200 blog followers or less. - It helps promote new blogs, and increases the readership of upcoming blogs. - It's a great way to get to know fellow bloggers, and can lead to networking opportunities.
The Rules: - You must link the person's blog who nominated you for the award. - Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you. - Pick an additional 11 people to nominate with UNDER 200 blog followers. - You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you. - You must inform the nominees that have been nominated.
1. When & why did you start blogging? December 2013. I had always wanted a space to share my articles so that was my first inspiration. But I wanted it to be more than that because I realized that I was doing a thousand other things simultaneously. So in order to feel less like a wreck, I decided to bring them all together, in one space.
2. List 2 likes and dislikes about blogging.
- Sharing bits and pieces with people but I don't exactly know who's watching or reading :/
- Creating my posts. Believe me when I say it's a process. Posts with pictures take forever
- re-sizing and debating over what pictures to upload. You wouldn't mind me posting all 5,000 pictures though. Would you?
3. Who/what are your top 3 blogger inspirations?
a) My mum. She read my first post on a somewhat controversial issue - Beyoncé& the Feminism debate. She knows nothing about that album but getting her stamp of approval about my writing meant a lot to me.
b) My environment
c) My Style Oasis, who nominated me for this award. How she juggles her sewing line with a family, a job, a blog and other commitments is beyond amazing. Ladies, let's learn from this. Being married with children does not mean you have to push your ambitions & passions aside. Marriage is not and should not be the end of it all.
4. If you were stuck on a deserted island, what 3 things would you want with you? (no humans/pets)
- my phone and
- pair of heels. (Heels REALLY? Yes! Wherever I go, my heels must go). :D
5. As a child, what did you want to be when you "grew up"? And what is your current profession now? Hahahaha! The famous question. I wanted to be a lawyer, then a doctor, then an astronaut. I'm currently a student...on the way to none of them.
6. List 5 random facts about yourself.
- I don't eat chocolates
- I don't workout (lazy much?)
- I've never been to Disney World (struggle childhood)
- I still want to go to space
- If I was a fruit, I'd be an avocado
7. What is your favorite quote? "Be Yourself, everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde
8. Who/what makes you laugh the loudest? My friends. They are the worst!
9. What is the biggest challenge you've ever faced? Waking up to face every new day is challenging enough let alone going into the intricacies those days bring.
10. List 3 of your future goals (blog-related or otherwise)
- Blog-related: I started this blog in December 2013 instead of February/March of the same year because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to keep up. ~4months later and I'm writing my 41st post. The goal here is to never desert this blog without a valid reason.
- Life: I really want to keep growing and improving myself.
11. List 2 likes & 2 dislikes about MY blog (please be honest, I'd really like to know to improve my blog)
a) I suggest you set a day or 2 for blogging so we'll know when to expect a post. I'm going to try to do this too. Slip-ups are allowed :D
b) I also think you should limit the number of posts that show up on your main page so your readers can actually click on each post to see the pictures and the work you put in, not merely scrolling down.
a) The simplicity and cleanliness of your blog layout (the white background is just alluring)
b) Your posts are very well written. Starting with the pictures, they're not overdone but still look great. The writing under each post is very "down-to-earth" & concise. Most of all, I love that you share and review the patterns you sew with. Please continue "My Oasis Inspirational". The first post was ah-may-zing! Ok I think that was more than 2 likes. :)
1. What made you start blogging and when did you finally give in?
2. How long have you been blogging for?
3. Do you sometimes wish you had started blogging earlier? Why?
4. What keeps you going?
5. What is the longest you've gone without blogging? How did you feel?
6. Is your blog accomplishing what you started it out to accomplish?
7. If yes, how do you know? If no, what are your plans to get back on track?
8. What challenges do you face as a blogger? (whether Seasoned or upcoming)
9. How do you feel about collaborating with other bloggers? Any such plans?
10. One reason you'd like to elope would be?
11. What are the things you like and dislike about my blog?
My Nominees: 1. Mnemosynesandlethe 2. Pieces of August 3. The Kaleidoscopian 4. Letters to the Unborn 5. Nerdly Beautiful 6. My Unpopular Thoughts 7. This Fashion Love Affair 8. Ramblings and Snaps 9. Mo'Smiles 10. Chasing "Skinny" 11. Ombre Vogue
You've been nominated! Don't break the cycle. Let's discover new blogs.
Thank you for reading & Thank you again to MyStyleOasis for this nomination.